Cookies (so-called “cookies”) are computer data, in particular text files, which are stored on the website user’s terminal equipment and are intended for use on the website. Cookies usually contain the name of the website from which they come, the time they are stored on the end device and a unique number. For more information about cookies, please visit: www.aboutcookies.org
On the website, cookies are used to create statistics that help understand how website Users use the websites, which allows improving their structure and content.
Depending on the purpose for which Pekao Faktoring uses the information collected from them, we distinguish two categories of cookies
- basic – including technical and analytical, and
- marketing – used for advertising purposes and profiling content displayed on websites.
Different types of cookies are used on the particular Pekao Faktoring websites:
- Technical cookies – their use is necessary for the proper operation of websites, they provide the ability to use the basic functions of websites and the security of these websites. Technical cookies do not collect any information about users for marketing purposes and do not record information about visited websites. They are used primarily, in order to:
- ensuring the security of transactions on the Customer Zone and My Factor services,
- maintaining the session, while visiting and logging in the Customer Zone and My Factor services,
- to ensure that the website is displayed in an appropriate manner – depending on the end device on which it is displayed,
- adjusting the content displayed on the website to the user’s selected preferences, e.g. selected language,
- remembering the appropriate settings regarding the displayed content, depending on the consents previously expressed by the user of the website.
- Analytical cookies – their use is used to create statistics and analysis that help to understand how users use the websites, primarily to improve their structure and content, as well as to detect abuse, in particular they allow:
- study statistics on website traffic and check traffic streams,
- detect various types of abuse, e.g. artificial Internet traffic (bots),
- limit certain marketing activities, among others, to protect users from spam,
- measure the effectiveness of actions carried out on behalf of Pekao Faktoring, e.g. on external websites.
- Marketing cookies – their use is aimed at:
- personalizing ads displayed on external websites based on users’ behavior on Pekao Faktoring our website services,
- matching the content of ads emitted on web services,
- matching the content of web services.
The user can access the collected cookies located on the disk or in the memory of the final device used to use the website by analyzing the content of cookies in the browser settings.
It is possible to disable the cookies function by means of appropriate configuration of the settings of the browser used by the User. However, please note that disabling the cookies function may cause irregularities or completely prevent the use of the site.
Cookies in connection with the operation of the websites are also used by entities cooperating with the Company – Google LLC, Facebook Inc and LinkedIn Corp. These companies have joined the Privacy Shield Framework program. Compliance with this program is considered to correspond to the issuance of a decision by the European Commission stating that a country provides an adequate level of protection for personal data under Article 45 of the RODO. We use Google Analytics, YouTube, Facebook Pixel and LinkedIn Pixel services, which legitimize their own privacy policies, to improve the operation of websites and manage its advertising: